Monday, April 15, 2013

Stevenson as an author

'Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The year 1886 saw the publication of what would be another enduring work, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which was an immediate success and helped cement Stenvenson's reputation. The work is decidedly of the "adult" classification,as it presents a jarring and horrific exploration of various conflicting traits lurking within a single person. The book went on to international acclaim, inspring countless stage productions and more than 100 motion pictures.



"Grips the reader"- UPI and The Miami Herald

While reading 'Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, I will be analyzing each chapter through questions that must be answered to gain a full understanding of Stevenson's novel. I would appreciate the input of my readers as I answer these questions, to see if my understanding of what I read is correct. Feel free to critique my answers as I proceed, because I would like the oppurtunity to completely understand this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment